Thursday, September 24, 2009
ANTM Models making legs look longer tips
I am shorter than ALL the girls on cycle 13 of America's Next Top Model.
Since it is hard to manage the camera yourself and hold the camera, my quick video example of showing how to make your legs longer sucked on my latest America's Next Top Model recap,-- so I wanted to share shots that show my legs looking longer to inspire you.
Here are 5 easy ways to make your legs look longer:
1. Look in the mirror before you shoot and get a handle on your body, what happens when you move your arm a certain way, turn your body a certain angle.
2. Always create space between your legs, arms, and limbs when in front of the camera. Not extreme space but you will want to create some to give your limbs length. The closer you hug your body the bigger you will look.
3. Look at magazine ads and get some inspirational images in mind before you shoot. It is good to learn from observing examples before you shoot. Reenact the pose but remember a shorter girl should be focusing on more of a commercial print vibe not so high fashion.
4. Don't try TOOOO hard, you still want to be you, feeling relaxed, not tense and uncomfortable. The goal is not to be a weird contortionist.
5. Work with a photographer that KNOWS how to shoot shorter girls. A professional will, an amateur usually won't.